How important is it to change my car oil regularly?
Oil change is a must for engine integrity & reliability which is even more important in the extreme heat experienced in Dubai summers. GT Auto Centre recommends changing your engine oil every 10,000 km, or every year whichever comes first.
Does it make sense to use good quality motor oil?
Yes, for sure. We highly recommend using really good quality lubrication oils; they are not all the same. At GT Auto Centre we use Total Oil because:
- Total manufacture the highest specification lubricants recommended by many of the worlds leading manufacturers of the latest generation of supercharged, turbocharged or naturally aspirated engines.
- Suitable for all types of usages.
- Excellent & proven integrity in very severe conditions such as extreme heat, and off roading.
- Helps considerably towards engine longevity.
- Maintains engine performance and power.
Should I use Synthetic oil?
Synthetic oil is designed to be more effective at resisting breakdown, and because of this it tends to last longer, and importantly for us in Dubai, withstands high temperatures. Whilst it is a little more expensive, in our company vehicles we use synthetic oil as we believe in the higher quality it offers.
When synthetic oil is recommended:
- If you make lots of short trips, standard motor oil may never get warm enough to burn off moisture and impurities, which means it may not be doing enough to protect your engine.
- Living in a region with very hot summers.
- Using your vehicle for towing.
- Off roading, where engine temperatures can be extreme.
Synthetic oil can also help engines that are prone to building up sludge; some Volkswagen and Toyota models have had sludge issues in the past. This residue, formed when oil breaks down, can block the flow of oil, leading to the quick death of an engine. Synthetic oil would be beneficial in these engines because it helps to reduce sludge buildup, helping to extend the engine’s lifespan and of course reliability.